Please review the attached instructions for Stage 1. I have provided some additional details in the comments and highlighted parts of the instructions that students often miss. Some other things to remember:
– Don’t forget to submit your paper to Turnitin as well as the classroom
– If you have time, I strongly suggest using the Effective Writing Center
– Using the first person (you should avoid pronouns I, we, my, you, and ours). The first person should not be used in a professional paper.
– Referring to the staff at MFC by name – this is a report for MFC and should be written as if it is for the client, in this case, MFC. For the “People” section person1,2,&3 can be listed as physician, administrative nurse, and clinical nurse. This is particularly important since the nurses change roles.
– You are writing functional requirements. Not non-functional requirements or system qualities. If you use words like efficiency, portability, security, reliability, usability, etc. in your statement you are probably talking about a non-functional requirement as this describes characteristics of the system rather than functions.
– Here are some examples of functional requirements for an EHR. None of these are written in a way that meets the SMART requirements (as described in the discussion forum), so think about how you could revise them so they can be specific, measurable, achievable, realistic, and/or timebound. You need to cite care cloud if you adapt any of these, you are not permitted to use any of them as a direct quote.
“Common Functional Requirements of an EHR
Pinpoint and locate patients, their demographics, and histories
Manage patient demographics
Administer patient-specific instructions and care plans
Write prescriptions with patient-specific dosing, warnings and order referrals
Schedule and manage tasks
Electronic communication and data recorded from medical devices
Transfer of data and current directory of provider information
Print-out of information when necessary
Remote access and specialized views of data
Generate administrative and financial data from clinical record automatically
Supervise patient reminders
Manage workflows, integrity and data retention”
Discussion Week 2
Topic: Analyze organizational processes to identify information systems requirements
For your Stage 1 assignment, you will analyze the processes at the Midtown Family Clinic to identify the essential requirements for the EHR system for the Clinic. For this discussion, you will practice analyzing processes and identifying functional requirements for a system to improve a process.
First, we need to be sure you can identify a process; many students have difficulty with that, so refer to the week 2 readings that describe various healthcare processes. Keep in mind that a process is a set of specified steps to accomplish a task.
Second, requirements for a system need to be clearly written so that the people who are developing the system or evaluating a system for use can discern whether the requirements are met or not. One set of criteria for writing clear requirements is referred to as “SMART” criteria, which means each requirement statement is:
For a more in-depth discussion and some examples, see: https://jessica80304.wordpress.com/2008/08/04/smart-requirements/
1. Drawing from your own experience, select a health care process used at your place of work or in your interaction with a health care organization that you would like to see improved. Explain why you picked that process.
2. Imagine that a system is to be implemented (or an existing system improved) to make that process better, and identify five (5) requirements that the system would need to satisfy. Each requirement is one sentence in length and addresses one thing the system must do. Here we are interested in “functional requirements” – the activities the system must perform to support the identified process. We are not including “nonfunctional requirements” that include how the system would perform.
3. Review (and re-write if necessary) the 5 requirements statements to ensure they meet the “SMART” criteria.
GROUPS 1, 3 and 4: In replying to the postings, you are to critically evaluate all of the following for at least two main postings:
EVERYONE: Review the criteria in the Discussion Grading Rubric, and reply to those who critique your work or post other points of view. Be sure to demonstrate your understanding of the topic and analytical thinking.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more