1. What is an electron configuration?
2. How is the light emitted by an atom related to its electron configuration?
experiment 1 data sheet
Table 2: Results of Firework Material Ignition Substance
Lithium chloride (LiCl) Sodium chloride (NaCl) Potassium chloride (KCl)Calcium chloride (CaCl2)
Table 3: Electron Configuration Element
Electron Configuration K
1s2 2s2 2p6 3s2 3p6 4s2Table 4: Color of Light Emitted by Salt Types Salt
Yellow –colored flame
1. Write out the electron configurations of carbon and each of the metals of the salt compounds used. Record this in Table 3. Potassium is already done as an example for you. Hint: The periodic table is very helpful and can be used as a guide.
2. Identify the color emitted by each of the salts along with the corresponding approximate wavelength using Table 1 in the Introduction. Record your results in Table 4.
3. Why does a salt compound give off light (or a colored flame) when burned?
4. Barium chloride (BaCl2) emits a green color when flame-tested. What can be said about the wavelength of light it emits?
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more