Alaska, the Kigiqtaamiut in jeopardy
1. At the time this reporter was in Shishmaref, what should have happened to the sea that had not yet happened?
2. How much did the Sarichef Island shrink as a result of the mid-October storm?
3. Three specific impacts on the island are ascribed to global warming. Describe the changes to…
a. Seal hunting:
4. What action did the people take to slow the erosion of their beaches? Was this successful?
5. What did they do in 2002 to Mina Weyiouanna’s house, to protect it from the eroding shoreline?
6. What happened in 2000 to Jimmy Nayopuk’s house, which was not moved?
Maldives, an archipelago in peril
7. What are the Maldivian Islands made of? How did they form?
8. In addition to flooding from rising sea levels, what other fear do the Maldivian people have for their cities?
9. List two specific ways that global warming is causing an increase in sea levels.
10. Mohammed Ali has observed an average of 5 millimeters of sea level rise per year in Mali. At this rate, how much would the ocean rise over the next century?
a. He also states that “…this natural balance is now broken, and that erosion wins out over accretion.” What does he give as the cause of this imbalance?
11. What impact did the massive El Nino have on the water temperature around the Maldives, and how did this impact the coral?
12. In the 1980s, the Maldivian government banned coral mining. Explain what they were doing with the mined coral.
Answer these questions based on what you read, and any additional research you conduct.
How would you define a “climate refugee”?
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more