Review the Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR) that you obtained and answer the following questions:
1. How does the government classify its governmental expenditures, by function or by “object”? Are the classifications approximately the same in both the government-wide and the fund statements?
2. What was the city’s largest expenditure for fiscal year 2017? By how much did this increase or decrease since FY 2016? Since FY 2012 (see statistical section)? Can you draw any inferences from this comparison as to the efficiency and effectiveness of the city in providing this service? If not, what other information would you need to make such a judgment?
3. What are the major differences in expenditures/expenses (i.e., reconciling items) as they are reported in the governmental fund and the government-wide statements?
4. On what basis does the government account for its inventories (purchases or consumption)? Does the City maintain a “fund balance-nonspendable” amount for inventories?
5. On what basis does it account for insurance or other prepaid items in its governmental funds? How can you tell?
6. To and from which funds or component units have there been general fund transfers?
7. Explain the nature of any governmental fund balance sheet classifications related to expenditures.
8. Does the entity report depreciation as an expense in its government-wide statements? If not, why not?
9. What types of other financing sources and uses does the governmental entity report in the general fund? What effect do these items have on the net change in fund balance for the year?
***Note to writer: The CAFR needed for this assignment is attached.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more