Please no plagiarism and make sure you are able to access all resource on your own before you bid. One of the references must come from Sue, D. W., & Sue, D. (2016). You are expected to include at least one scholarly and peer-reviewed resource outside of those provided in the readings for each discussion post. I need this completed by 03/10/18 at 3pm.
Application Assignment: The Impact of History and Counseling Theories on Culturally Diverse Populations
Having knowledge of and experience with culturally diverse groups will help you to understand the role culture plays within the context of counseling interactions. The effects of historical events, ideologies, and policies that permeate systems such as education and health care have significantly influenced the experience of various cultural groups.
In this Application Assignment, you explore how the field of counseling has impacted the well-being of culturally diverse populations.
For this Application Assignment, review the Learning Resources. Consider the history of counseling and the intersecting perceptions of counselors and clients, as well as the consequences of those perceptions. Why is an understanding of history important for cultural competence?
In a 3- to 4-page paper:
· Explain how the history and theories of counseling have both benefited and oppressed cultural groups.
· Briefly describe the experience of a specific cultural group to support the points made in your explanation.
· Explain how one of the following modern controversies, or another of your choice, benefits or oppresses a specific cultural group: IQ debate, standardized testing, history of naming, use of psychotherapy, the deficit model.
Support your Application Assignment with specific references to all resources used in its preparation.
· Sue, D. W., & Sue, D. (2016). Counseling the culturally diverse: Theory and practice (7th ed.). Hoboken, NJ: Wiley.
o Chapter 4, “The Political and Social Justice Implications of Counseling and Psychotherapy” (pp. 107-144)
o Chapter 5, “The Impact of Systemic Oppression: Counselor Credibility and Client Worldviews” (pp. 145-178)
o Chapter 6, “Microaggressions in Counseling and Psychotherapy” (pp. 179-212)
· Hays, P. A. (2016). Addressing cultural complexities in practice: Assessment, diagnosis, and therapy (3rd ed.). Washington, DC: American Psychological Association.
o Chapter 3, “Doing Your Own Cultural Self-Assessment” (pp. 39-60)
· Laureate Education, Inc. (Executive Producer). (2012a). Emotional roadblocks on the road to cultural competence. Baltimore, MD: Author.
Note: The approximate length of this media piece is 12 minutes.
In this video, Drs. Derald Wing Sue, Teresa LaFromboise, Marie Miville, and Thomas Parham discuss some of the emotional challenges that come with learning cultural competency.
Accessible player –Downloads– Download Video w/CC Download Audio Download Transcript
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more