Part 1 and Part 2 must be at least 150 – 200 words unless otherwise
Part 1: Effect Sizes and Confidence Intervals
For this discussion, begin by reviewing the techniques of effect sizes and confidence intervals in your textbook. Then, keeping these techniques in mind, read the following quotes:
· “Statistics are no substitute for judgment.”—Henry Clay
· “To not look at the data is foolish, but to look at the data as having all the answers is even more foolish. It is a collision of new-school statistics and statisticians against old-school managers, coaches, and instructors. Neither side is right, neither is wrong; there is so much to be gained from listening to both sides.”—Tim Kurkjian, I’m Fascinated by Sacrifice Flies: Inside the Game We All Love(2016)
· “It ain’t what you don’t know that gets you into trouble. It’s what you know for sure that just ain’t so.”—Mark Twain
· “Good statistical inference never strays very far from the data.”—Brian S. Yandell (2007)
· “An approximate answer to the right problem is worth a good deal more than an exact answer to an approximate problem.”—John Tukey
Based on the above quotes, along with this week’s assigned readings and Instructor Guidance, discuss the importance of effect sizes and confidence intervals in research.
Part 2: Examples of Effect Sizes and Confidence Intervals in Research
Locate an example of a research study that uses effect sizes and confidence intervals in its analysis. Explain what these have allowed the researchers to accomplish and/or conclude in the study.
· Chapter 9: Estimation and Confidence Intervals
· Chapter 10: One-Sample Tests of Hypothesis
· Chapter 11: Two-Sample Tests of Hypothesis
· Chapter 12: Analysis of Variance
· Chapter 13: Correlation and Linear Regression
· Chapter 15: Nonparametric Methods: Nominal Level Hypothesis Tests
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more