Week 8 6215C Methods of Practice: School-Based Interventions
Beginning at age 4 or 5, children spend most of their waking hours at school. Most states include social workers in the school setting and even require specialized training for school social workers.
This week, you examine school-based interventions. You also discover that working in a school, even if only as a contract social worker, will require skill in dealing effectively with multiple professions and perspectives.
• Webb, N. B. (2019). Social work practice with children (4th ed.). New York, NY: The Guilford Press.
o Chapter 9, “School-Based Interventions”
• D’Agostino, C. (2013). Collaboration as an essential school social work skill. Children & Schools, 35(4), 248–251. Note: You will access this article from the Walden Library databases.
• Quinn-Lee, L. (2014). School social work with grieving children. Children & Schools, 36(2), 93–103. Note: You will access this article from the Walden Library databases.
• Working With Children and Families: The Case of the Rodao Family (PDF)
This week we focus on the school system as a social work practice setting. Your discussion this week will require you to identify and describe the challenges of school social work. Your assignment this week requires you to analyze a case and to identify specific roles demonstrated by the school social-based worker. Since school-based social workers tend to intervene with issues that impact a student’s education, you are required to think about how you can leverage community partnerships to assist in providing support to families and children outside of school.
Working in a Host Setting
• Describe the special challenges related to working in a “host” setting such as a school in a school-home-community partnership.
• How can a social worker maintain a strong sense of professional identity when working with professionals from so many different professions?
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more