FIT1040 Comprehensive Project (rev 12-4-18)
18% of Final Grade
For your comprehensive project, you will either select an existing business or create a business of your own. Throughout the term, you will be required to develop various worksheets in one workbook related to your business. Read through the requirements below prior to making your final business selection to ensure you will be able to complete all required items.
General Instructions to consider throughout the project:
A. Be sure to use the skills learned throughout the term to make each sheet as efficient as possible. That is, be sure to use the most efficient types of cell references; use cell references rather than typing in data in formulas and functions whenever possible; link sheets to bring data from one sheet to another, etc.
B. Be sure each sheet is formatted professionally , emphasizing the appropriate data. A consistent theme should be used throughout. Numbers must be formatted to accurately represent the data in the column, i.e., currency (use the accounting formatting style we have applied all term), percentage, quantity, etc. Each sheet should have appropriate titles, subtitles, column headings, and row headings.
C. Your workbook and each worksheet should be named appropriately.
D. All charts should be the correct chart type, formatted, labeled and titled appropriately.
E. Check every worksheet for proper spelling using spell check.
F. Every sheet in all workbooks should be set up ready to print, including the appropriate page orientation, scaling adjustments, titles (and row and column headings if appropriate) set to print on multiple pages where appropriate, and footer with your name and the file name.
Part 1– 37 points
Create a multi-sheet workbook that will include an Inventory sheet, Sales Tracking Quantity Sold sheet, Sales Tracking Sales Revenue sheet, a Customer Invoice sheet, a Sales Report sheet, and a Vehicle Purchase sheet according to the following specifications.
· Create, edit, and format a new workbook
· Enter and edit labels and values
· Use the SUM function
· Review and prepare for printing
· Build and edit basic formulas, including order of operations
· Use absolute, mixed, relative, and 3D cell references with the greatest of efficiency
· Work with Statistical and Date/Time functions
· Construct Financial, Logical, and Lookup & Reference, and Math & Trig functions
A. Inventory – 4 points
1. Include at least 7-10 products/services. Determine what needs to be included SUCH AS, but not limited to, Product ID or Item #, Product Name or Description, Quantity on Hand, Cost, Price, Inventory values at Cost and Retail, and potential Profit for your 7-10 products
2. Note: This sheet will be used in a VLookup function; therefore, be sure the order of the list is properly set. Another option is to set the Range_lookup to false in the VLOOKUP function.
B. Sales Tracking Quantity Sold Worksheet – 2.5 points
Set up a sales tracking worksheet for your business.
1. Ensure there are at least 7-10 products or services included.
2. Include identifiable characteristics such as item numbers, quantity sold, and totals.
3. You will need to track monthly quantity sold for two quarters (six months).
4. Ensure all appropriate calculations are included so anyone viewing the worksheet can easily find monthly, quarterly, and 6 month totals for each product/service as well as totals of all products/services for each month, quarter, and grand total. Keep the 6 months together; do not break them up with the quarterly totals. This is necessary for part 2 of the assignment.
C. Sales Tracking Sales Revenue Worksheet – 2.5 points
Set up a sales tracking worksheet for your business.
1. Copy the Sales Tracking Quantity Sold worksheet to a new worksheet. This will become the Sales Tracking Sales Revenue worksheet.
2. Delete the values for the quantities sold only. Do not delete any formulas
3. Using the appropriate cell reference, calculate the Sales revenue for each product and each month by creating a formula, that will multiply the quantity sold by the retail prices. Ensure all appropriate calculations are included so anyone viewing the worksheet can easily find monthly, quarterly, and 6 month totals for each product/service as well as totals of all products/services for each month, quarter, and grand total.
4. Include a new column to show the percentage of each item to the total of all sales for the 6-month period.
D. Customer Invoice – 11 points
1. Research what should be included on an invoice and set up accordingly.
2. Keep in mind that you will be calculating sales tax for EACH ITEM properly and efficiently referencing the cell with the sales tax rate on the Inventory sheet.
3. Include any 4 items (Product ID or Item #) on the invoice. Use a VLookup to fill in the Description and Price. For the Quantity, use any numbers you would like.
4. List a sales tax rate somewhere on the customer invoice.
5. Build formulas where necessary to determine the total cost for each item, the tax amount, and the total including tax.
6. The invoice should also show the total cost of all items before tax, total tax, and grand total of all.
7. Use a date function for the Invoice Date
E. Sales Report – 9 points
Consider what the sales manager would want to see on this report while developing the layout.
1. Create a sheet that would list all items/services/meals sold in one day by 3 different sales streams (3 sales rep, 3 store location, 3 regions, or 3 distribution channels, etc.)
2. Add 15 -20 items to this report spreading them amongst the 3 different sales streams. There SHOULD BE duplicates of some items, but with differing quantities.
3. At the top of the report, add the following statistics from the report using the appropriate functions:
a) The average sale amount
b) The total sales amount sold through each sales stream
c) Select one specific sales stream and, using the correct function, count how many individual sales were made by that sales stream. [Example, you have three sales reps, A, B, and C. How many invoices were generated from that sales rep A?]
F. Capital Purchase Scenario – 8 points
1. You need to purchase a new vehicle for your business. Select and document (make, model, year, price) the vehicle you would like to purchase.
2. Document your target monthly payment (What dollar amount would fit into your budget? For example, the monthly payment should not exceed $500.)
3. Determine the monthly loan payment for three potential scenarios. The loan amount should remain constant, but the term and/or interest rate should change in each scenario.
4. With your target monthly payment as your comparison to EACH of the three scenarios, use the correct Logical function to determine whether the scenario will achieve your goal. (Note: If the monthly payment is less than or equal to your goal, indicate that is does, otherwise, indicate that the payment is too high)
Part 2 – 18 points
Reminder: All charts should be the correct chart type, formatted, labeled and titled appropriately.
A. Sparklines – 2 points
On the Sales Tracking worksheet, add column sparklines to show the trend for monthly sales of each item.
B. Chart 1 – 5 points
Create a chart on the Sales Tracking worksheet that will compare sales for each item/product/service for each month of the first quarter only.
C. Chart 2—6 points
Using data from the Sales Tracking worksheet create a chart on a separate chart sheet that will show the percentage of each item as compared to the whole (grand total).
D. Chart 3 – Combination chart with Line on Secondary Axis — 5 points
On the Sales Tracking worksheet, create a combination chart showing sales for any one month with the secondary axis illustrating the trend of the 6-month total.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more