2. Choose and discuss two of the following four choices:
I. Discuss the passage of time in the novel and how it influences our impression of characters and events, especially the glossing-over of 18 years in chapter 11.
II. Basil Hallward: “Sin is a thing that writes itself across a man’s face. It cannot be concealed. People talk sometimes of secret vices. There are no such things.” (p126)
“Each of us has Heaven and Hell in him, Basil” cried Dorian with a wild gesture of despair. (p131)
III. Lord Henry: “I admit that I think it is better to be beautiful than to be good. But on the other hand no one is more ready than I am to acknowledge that it is better to be good than to be ugly.” (p161)
IV. Dorian: “I have done too many dreadful things in my life. I am not going to do any more. I began my good actions yesterday.” (p173)
3. What were the results of Wilde’s time in prison?
4. Explain how have some people been affected by the media’s hype on youth and beauty?
5. What is a theme in Dorian Gray?
6. Who was Bishop Fisher?
7. What does Henry Wotton represent?
8. Why is it that Sybil’s brother is killed in the hunting accident?
9. When Dorian rejected Sybil, what did he set into motion?
10. What is the relevance of Dorian Gray today?
11. Describe Dorian’s Gray’s character before he met Henry Wotton.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more