Critically appraise the below article using the criteria listed below:
Articles Websites: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3714350/
PICO question: In patients with substance use disorder, how does the implementation of a buprenorphine treatment program affect treatment retention compared to a methadone treatment program?
· Quote (add page number) or rephrase the research purpose and/or research question/hypothesis if there is any.
· Identify the major study variables: can be found in the above statements. Data on these study variables are usually collected using the instruments/tools described in the “measurement” section.
· Name of the research design and its level of evidence associated with your PICO question.
· Advantages and disadvantages of this design
Sampling technique, sample size and sample characteristics
· Is sample size adequate or too small?
· Are there any sampling bias?
· Was the non-response rate high?
Measurement and data collection:
· The name, reliability and validity of each measurement/tool (except the one for demographics)
· Data collection methods (who, how and through what channel), e.g. structured vs semi-structured survey, self-report vs. observation or interviewer rated, bio-physiological vs. psycho-social-behavioral, face-to-face vs mailed, telephone, online, computer based, etc.
· Strategies or lack of description of such strategies to yield high-quality and unbiased data
· How were the data analyzed? Were the statistics used appropriate?
· If there were missing data, did the researchers described how missing data were handled?
· For longitudinal and repeated measure designs, did attrition or loss to follow-up affect study results? If there were attrition, what statistical methods were used to reach unbiased results?
Other design-specific issues
· Answer the appraisal questions specific to the research design of your article but have not been covered in above sections.
Major research findings
· Include the magnitude of effect and strength of association (effect size).
· Are the findings clinical significant?
Overall validity of the study:
Summarize your answer to the question, “Are the results of the study valid” and state why
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more