For this assignment, you will read the case of Parker v. Twentieth-Century Fox Film Corp., and answer a series of questions about the case.
Your answers must be in your own words. Do not quote from the case and do not quote from any outside sources. Your work must be your own. If you work on the assignment with another student or students, your submission must still be your own individual work, in your own words.
1. Was the original contract between Parker and Twentieth Century Fox Film Corp. a unilateral contract or a bilateral contract? Explain your answer.
2. Every contract requires consideration in order to be valid. What was the consideration in the original contract?
3. Twentieth Century Fox notified Parker on April 4th that the company would not be able to abide by the contract that was scheduled to begin on May 23rd. What is the legal term for this type of breach of contract?
4. What was Twentieth Century Fox’s defense to the lawsuit?
5. Name at least two ways in which the offered substitute employment differed from the original employment contract.
6. The Court awarded Parker $750,000 in damages.
a. How did the Court arrive at this amount?
b. What is the legal term for this type of damages?
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more