Leadership and Management
Submission Time and Date:
3500 words (+/- 10%)
This assessment accounts for 100% of the total mark for this module
Submission of Assessment
Assessments must be submitted electronically via Turnitin by the given deadline. You will find a Turnitin link on the module’s eLP site under ‘Assessment and Submission’.
It is your responsibility to ensure that your assignment arrives before the submission deadline stated above. See the University policy on late submission of work (the relevant extract is set out below).
Further information about general assessment criteria, ARNA regulations, referencing and plagiarism can be found on the e-Learning Portal (Blackboard) site for the module. Students are advised to read and follow this information.
Module Learning Outcomes (MLOs)
1. Demonstrate the ability to work in culturally diverse groups and teams and make appropriate and personal contributions to team effectiveness
2. Have critically evaluated personal strengths and weaknesses and have demonstrated the ability to engage in reflective self-development
3. Have critically reviewed the development of inter-personal and intra-personal skills in relation to what employers seek in postgraduate students
Instructions on Assessment
The module will be assessed by one summative assessment of 3500 words which comprises the following three components:
Part A – academic essay (1500 words) 40% of overall mark
Using a range of relevant literature (both academic and professional sources), you are required to identify and critically evaluate contemporary issues and challenges facing your target profession/industry/sector.
· Provide a clear introduction to your target profession/industry/sector (e.g., a graduate development scheme, self-employment, working for your family’s business, a promotion with your current employer, etc). You should highlight if this will be in the UK, your home country or elsewhere.
· Provide an overview of the context and key characteristics of your target profession/industry/sector (e.g. labour market characteristics, opportunities for graduates, professional bodies).
· Identify key challenges and issues relating to your chosen profession/industry/sector. This may include professional body viewpoints, recent organisation case studies and published academic studies. You may also include a combination of challenges and issues facing the wider profession/industry/sector as well as those facing postgraduates.
· You are not required to identify a specific number of issues and challenges, these will differ depending on the profession/industry/sector in question. We are looking for evidence of critical evaluation of these issues and challenges, supported with credible academic and professional sources.
· Provide a succinct conclusion, indicating the impact of these challenges and difficulties for your target profession/industry/sector moving forward.
Part B – reflective essay (1500 words) 40% of overall mark
Drawing on the results of the toolkits you have completed throughout this module, along with other appropriate evidence, you are required to conduct a self-analysis identifying your strengths and weaknesses across a range of interpersonal and intrapersonal skills relevant to your target profession/industry/sector.
· Using the template provided – please download this from the Assessment Folder on the BB site – provide a summary of your strengths and weaknesses supported with evidence from the toolkits and other psychometric test results/other diagnostics provided to you, or that you have identified from previous work or assessment centre experience, or researched online.
· Critically evaluate your strengths and weaknesses and reflect on any patterns of behaviour you have identified. Referring back to your Section A, consider the implications of your skills, attributes and patterns of behaviour in relation to your target profession/industry/sector and the challenges they face. How ‘ready’ are you to enter into the career of your choice?
Part C – Areas for Development (500 words) 10% of overall mark
Based on your self-analysis in Section B identify three areas for development and outline briefly the specific steps that you will take to address these.
Presentation: 10% of overall mark
You must present all component parts in one document.
You must use the template provided on the Blackboard site to set out your strengths and weaknesses in Part B.
You must present your work to the academic standard commensurate with Level 7 and that you use APA referencing throughout.
The Assessment Regulations for Taught Awards (ARTA) contain the Regulations and procedures applying to cheating, plagiarism and other forms of academic misconduct.
The full policy is available at: http://www.northumbria.ac.uk/sd/central/ar/qualitysupport/asspolicies/
You are reminded that plagiarism, collusion and other forms of academic misconduct as referred to in the Academic Misconduct procedure of the assessment regulations are taken very seriously by Newcastle Business School. Assignments in which evidence of plagiarism or other forms of academic misconduct is found may receive a mark of zero.
Mapping to Programme Goals and Objectives:
At the end of your programme of study you will have achieved the following goals:
Goal 1: To develop the skills necessary for employment and career progression
Goal 2: Be culturally and ethically aware
Goal 3: Have developed leadership and management capability
Goal 4: Have developed and applied knowledge of international business and management theory
Goal 5: Have developed a range of research skills and project capabilities
All of the learning that takes place within modules is designed to enable you to achieve the above goals and your assessment tasks are mapped directly to these goals. In this module you will be assessed on objectives relating to Goal 1 :
1.1 Demonstrate awareness of your personal strengths and weaknesses and the ability to engage in continuing self-development
1.2 Critically review and develop your inter-personal and intra-personal skills
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more