The “Pulse” Check. Where are you in your journey and how are you doing?
DQ2 of Week 5 is an opportunity for you to self-assess and reflect on your journey. You can write about it expressing your navigation through the Role course. Model from the scripts in this week but be specific to your experience.
Evaluate how you have achieved course competencies and your plans to develop further in these areas. The course competencies for this course are as follows:
1. Explore the historical evolution of the advance practice nurse.
2. Differentiate the roles and scope of practice for nurses working in advanced clinical, education, administration, informatics, research, and health policy arenas.
3. Analyze attributes of the practice arena such as access and availability, degree of consumer choice, competition, and financing that impact advanced practice nurses and their ability to effectively collaborate with other health professionals.
4. Integrate evidence from research and theory into discussions of practice competencies, health promotion and disease prevention strategies, quality improvement, and safety standards.
5. Identify collaborative, organizational, communication, and leadership skills in working with other professionals in healthcare facilities and/or academic institutions.
6. Synthesize knowledge from values theory, ethics, and legal/regulatory statutes in the development of a personal philosophy for a career as an advanced practice nurse.
Guidelines: Support your responses with scholarly academic references using APA style format. Assigned course readings and online library resources are preferred. Weekly lecture notes are designed as overviews to the topic for the respective week and should not serve as a citation or reference.
In your discussion question response, provide a substantive response that illustrates a well-reasoned and thoughtful response; is factually correct with relevant scholarly citations, references, and examples that demonstrate a clear connection to the readings.
Article and Videos
Read the following peer reviewed article. Incorporate key points in your DQ 1 and any other assignment.
Strech, S., & Wyatt, D. A. (2013). Partnering to lead change: Nurses’ role in the redesign of health care. Association of Operating Room Nurses.AORN Journal, 98(3), 260-6. doi:http://dx.doi.org.southuniversity.libproxy.edmc.edu/10.1016/j.aorn.2013.07.006
A Day in the Life: Nurse Educator A Day in the Life – Susan, Nurse Educator, MSN, RN, Ph.D. Candidate ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_sG4GRtP-o )
A Day in the Life: Family Nurse Practitioner A Day in the Life – Steve (Family Nurse Practitioner) (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-kL1OFbCC8 )
A Day in the Life: Palliative Care NP A Day in the Life – Lauren (Nurse Practitioner- Palliative Care) ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYvL_KhG_YM )
The Role of the Midwife The role of a midwife – 24/7 case loading midwife and what they do. ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XVcI168IeI )
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more