1. Can you think of an example of an ex post facto law?
3. Can a municipality enforce an ordinance totally banning religious organizations from canvassing neighborhoods in search of new members? What about an ordinance that prohibits such canvassing between the hours of 8 P.M. and 8 A.M.?
8. How does the doctrine of judicial review affect the power of a state legislature to define criminal conduct? Would the constitutional limitations on legislative power be effective without the power of courts to declare laws unconstitutional?
Page 101, Text: Questions for Thought and Discussion: Questions 1 and 5
1. Distinguish between the concepts of motive and intent in the criminal law. Can you cite an instance where, despite good motives, a person would be guilty of a crime?
5. Is there a justification for the criminal law not punishing a person for failing to act when there is a clear moral duty to act?
Page 119–120, Text: Questions for Thought and Discussion: Questions 1, 6, 7, and 9
1. What justifies criminalizing attempt, solicitation, and conspiracy?
6. Should statutes defining conspiracy require proof of an overt act in furtherance of the conspirators’ agreement? Why or why not?
7. Given the First Amendment protections of freedom of expression and association, can members of a revolutionary political organization be prosecuted for conspiring to overthrow the government of the United States?
9. What distinguishes the offense of conspiracy from the crime of aiding and abetting, discussed in Chapter 4?
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more