Chapter 18 – Advertising and Public Relations
1. Describe the major types of advertising, and discuss how they differ.
2. What are the important issues to consider when developing advertising objectives?
3. What are the major differences between sales-based and communications-based advertising objectives?
4. What is an advertising platform? What is the best way to develop a platform?
5. Compare the competition-matching approach with the arbitrary approach in determining an advertising appropriation. Which method might more easily lead to overspending or underspending on the appropriation?
6. What are the major components of a media plan? What limitations must be considered as the media plan is implemented?
7. Why are headlines important?
8. What are the major components of artwork?
9. Why would a marketer conduct a posttest when the advertising campaign has already run and the dollars have already been spent?
10. What are the advantages of using an advertising agency to develop an advertising campaign?
11. What is public relations and for what purposes is it used?
12. Discuss how event sponsorship can be used as a public relations tool.
13. Identify and describe four publicity-based public relations tools.
14. What approaches can be used to evaluate the effectiveness of public relations programs?
15. What steps should an organization take to be able to deal effectively with negative public relations?
16. Advertising is a promotion mix ingredient that is a _________ communication.
18. First Union Bank airs a series of radio ads that claim, “We are the friendly bank.” This campaign would best be described as __________ advertising.
19. The University of Iowa runs a series of ads throughout the Midwest on how friendly and helpful its faculty, staff, and students are as well as how outstanding its academic programs are. This type of promotion would best be characterized as
a) public relations.
b) product advertising.
c) advocacy advertising.
d) institutional advertising.
e) comparative advertising.
20. When a company promotes its position on a public issue, this is specifically referred to as ______ advertising.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more