Top of Form
Bottom of Form
Overview/Description of Final Paper: The final written assignment will synthesize what you have discovered about the different advanced practice roles and scope of practice found in the Master of Nursing curriculum: APRNs, nurse educator, nurse informaticist, and nurse administrator/executive. You will review all roles and then examine the specialty for which you were admitted, focusing on the scope of practice, core competencies, certification requirements, and legal aspects of practice for that specific role. You will also identify the practice environment and population you will be working with, as well as peers and colleagues. In addition, you will discuss your future leadership role and participation in professional organizations.
Your paper is to be based on current literature, standards of practice, core competencies, and certification bodies for your chosen role. The paper should be 8-10 pages excluding the title and reference pages, and APA format is required.
· Advanced Practice Roles in Nursing:
o Briefly define advance nursing practice and the roles in advanced practice nursing pertaining to clinical practice, primary care, education, administration, and health information. Distinguish between ANP and the APN.
o Describe the advance nursing practice role you aspire and briefly share the experiences and/or qualities you have that have influenced your decision. Include your personal philosophy.
· Selected Advanced Practice Role:
o Identify the AP you interviewed and summarize the interview, which should/may include (if not in the interview, please address):
o Examine regulatory and legal requirements for the state in which you plan to practice/work.
o Describe the professional organizations available for membership based on your selected role.
o Identify required competencies (domains), including certification requirements for your selected role.
o Describe the organization and setting, population, and colleagues with whom you plan to work.
· Leadership Attributes of the Advanced Practice Role:
o Determine your leadership style
o Define Transformational Leadership and as it relates to your identified leadership attributes that you possess or need to develop
o Apply the leadership style you will embrace in AP to one of the domains
· Health Policy and the Advanced Practice Role
Based on your program of study, review the literature and address the following:
o FNP/AGNP: Medicare reimbursement for NPs is 85%for the same health care that MDs receive at 100% reimbursement? Please address questions below and state your position on this mandate.
o FNP/AGNP: What states have NP Full Practice Authority and which states have limitations or restrictions? How does this apply to your state? Please address questions below and state your position on this regulation.
o Nurse Executive: What is value-based care and how will it impact decisions made at the executive level relative to nursing and AP nursing? Please address and state your position on the regulation.
o Nurse Informaticists: What law(s) was enacted to regulate health information? Please address questions below and state your position on this regulation.
o Nurse Educator: What agency regulates nursing education? Explain in detail.
For the above category chosen, address the following:
§ Describe the current policy or trends and determine if it needs to change; if opposed to change state why
§ Provide the process required to make the change with key players and parties of interest; support opposition
§ Explain how you could lead the effort to make or influence the change in policy or keep the policy the same and the impact in healthcare quality.
· Conclusion-Summarize your role paper by highlighting key points made in your paper.
· Support your responses with examples.
· Cite any sources in APA format.
· Submit your document to the Submissions Area by the due date assigned.
· Week 5
· Article and Videos
· Read the following peer reviewed article. Incorporate key points in your DQ 1 and any other assignment.
· A Day in the Life: Nurse Johnson & Johnson Nursing Campaign Mystery Box Unboxing ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgojAOyPvfk&list=PLU05He9EuwhlRCO5iVPgjeA7-K1lE3Y8X )
· Strech, S., & Wyatt, D. A. (2013). Partnering to lead change: Nurses’ role in the redesign of health care. Association of Operating Room Nurses.AORN Journal, 98(3), 260-6. doi:http://dx.doi.org.southuniversity.libproxy.edmc.edu/10.1016/j.aorn.2013.07.006
· A Day in the Life: Nurse Educator A Day in the Life – Susan, Nurse Educator, MSN, RN, Ph.D. Candidate ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_sG4GRtP-o )
· A Day in the Life: Family Nurse Practitioner A Day in the Life – Steve (Family Nurse Practitioner) (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-kL1OFbCC8 )
· A Day in the Life: Palliative Care NP A Day in the Life – Lauren (Nurse Practitioner- Palliative Care) ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYvL_KhG_YM )
· What is Nurse Informatics? Nursing Informatics in Two Minutes ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=scY_9w-p0y4 )
· Nurse administrator talks about leadership in a hospital system Meet Clarian Health Chief Nurse Executive ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oi1oCcnxvio )
· The Role of the Midwife The role of a midwife – 24/7 case loading midwife and what they do. ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XVcI168IeI )
· CRNA Career Profile – Nurse Anesthetist ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AygysDUSMfk )
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more