An allergy drug is tested by giving 120 people the drug and 100 people a placebo. A control group consists of 80 people who were given no treatment. The number of people in each group who showed improvement appears in the table below.
Allergy drug Placebo Control Total
Improvement 65 42 31 138
No improvement 55 58 49 162
Total 120 100 80 300
16. What is the probability that a randomly selected person in the study was given either the drug or the placebo?
17. What is the probability that a randomly selected person either improved or did not improve?
18. What is the probability that a randomly selected person either was given the drug or improved?
19. What is the probability that a randomly selected person was given the drug and improved?
20. Assume that body temperatures of healthy adults are normally distributed with a mean of 98.20°F and a standard deviation of 0.62°F (based on data from University of Maryland researchers). If you have a body temperature of 99.00°F, what is your percentile score?
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more