Please carefully read the instructions. They are very specific. Label the answers clearly in accordance with the instructions.
1. Pratt – Concepts of Database Management, Chapter 7
Incorporate the below letters and numbers to organize the submission – do not include the questions.
1. Using the sample log found in Figure 7-11 on page 243 answer the following question.
Suppose a catastrophe destroys the entire database after 8:16 but before 8:17. The DBA has a database backup that reflects the DB contents just prior to the start of the log. List the recovery steps that the DBA would take to bring the DB up to date. (10%)
For which specific transaction(s) ID’s could the DB content be recovered? For which specific transaction(s) ID’s could the DB content not be recovered? Explain in your own words. (10%)
2. Using the log shown in Figure 7-19 on page 256 – explain which 2 transactions could cause a deadlock (if their start times were changed) and why only those two transactions could cause a deadlock. Use transaction ID’s to identify the transactions. (20%)
3. Database integrity is vital. Distinguish between key integrity constraints and data integrity constraints. Describe each key integrity constraint in detail and give an example of each (other than those in the text). (25%)
4. Do you feel that data integrity constraint enforcement is best handled (enforced) by the DBMS or the programmer? Why? (20%)
Writing Org/Clarity/Spelling/APA (15%)
No more than 20% of the narrative portion of the submission may be direct quotes.
Submit the response in a word compatible document.
Name the document Last Name_DBMS (i.e. Smith_DBMS).
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more