Q1. Few markets in the real world have the characteristics of a perfectly competitive market. Does that mean that the predictions of the model of perfect competition are not very useful in predicting how markets in the real world work? Discuss. (5 Marks)
Q2. ‘Profit is the maximum value a company can distribute during the year and still expect to be worth as much at the end of the year as it was at the beginning.’ Discuss this statement, and comment on its value in measuring profit for decision-making. (5 Marks)
Q3. As a manager, would you prefer your business to be in a monopoly position or a perfectly competitive market? Why? Support your views with examples. (5 Marks)
Q4.Why is it that, in the short-run, after a certain number of workers has been hired, output increases by less and less with each additional worker hired? Illustrate your answer with an example. Would there be any circumstances under which this phenomenon would not occur? (5 Marks)
– Write all formulas required for explanation
– Support your submission with course material concepts, principles, and theories from the textbook, along with at least two scholarly, peer-reviewed journal articles.
– This assignment is an individual assignment to be submitted in a word file.
– Students are encouraged to use their own words.
– Students must follow Saudi Electronic University academic writing standards and APA style guidelines.
– A mark of zero is awarded for any submission that includes copying from other resources without proper referencing it.
– Write at least 7 pages, excluding the title page and required reference page, which is never a part of the minimum content requirements.
– Plagiarism check less than 10%.
– It is strongly encouraged that the student submits his/her assignment into the Safe Assignment Originality Check before sending it to your instructor for grading.
– Note: For all your answers support your views/opinions with at least two to three scholarly references, and a word count of 400-500 words for each answer.
– Learning Resource: Chapter 5 &6 of the Text Book O’Sullivan, A., Sheffrin, S. M., & Perez, S.J. (2014).Survey of Economics: Principles, Applications, and Tools. (6th).Upper Saddle River, NJ: Pearson Education. Print version: ISBN-10: 0-13-294885-0 or ISBN-13: 978-0-13-294885-2.Digital version: ISBN-13:978-0-13-13-9370-7.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more