Doing Sociology #5 – “McDonaldization of Society”
Do research on the Internet about (or ideally, READ) the book “McDonaldization of Society”written by George Ritzer, first edition in 1993. Look for a youtube video of a lecture or interview with George Ritzer.
PAPER: Write a 2-3 page paper answering the following questions:
1. In 2-3 paragraphs, summarize the main points in “McDonaldization of Society.”
2. What is McDonaldization? What are some examples of McDonaldization given in the book?
3. What are some of the advantages of McDonaldization? Discuss efficiency, calculability, predictability, and control.
4. What is rationality and how does it relate to Ritzer’s argument?
5. Do you think the advantages of McDonaldization outweigh the disadvantages? Explain.
6. Summarize a youtube video you watched of George Ritzer.
7. List five (5) ways in your daily life that you could resist McDonaldization.
Grading – 10 points
– College effort (typed, spell check, etc.): 5
– Thorough: 5
*LATE: points taken off at my discretion. No papers accepted more than two weeks late.
read and do exactly what asked.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more