Everything we touch that is electronic has a Human to Computer Interface (HCI). Some companies put a lot of effort into the user experience; some, not so much. Some are very complex with enormous functionality (computer operating systems and smartphones) and some are much simpler (ATMs, gas station pumps, lottery ticket machines, movie dispensing machines).
For this assignment, choose either a simple interface (one with a few options) or a singular function of a more complex item (like a singular function of your smartphone, such as to create and send an email). Remember that there are several options for many of these. Visit the interface that you chose.
NOTE: Keep your selection to something simple, as you will find there are many options even in a simple task.
Write a paper in which you address the following:
1. Research history and background of the HCI (just a few of paragraphs).
2. From your chosen HCI, describe all the steps and options that are available to use and complete the task.
3. Build an Activity Diagram such as those on pages 138 Figure 5-5 and 139 Figure 5-6 of the textbook. Use Visio, MS Word or your choice of program that can create an activity diagram. YOU NEED TO CREATE THE DIAGRAM, NOT TAKE ONE FROM THE INTERNET.
4. Reflect on the experience. Do you feel the process you chose was well designed? Do you think it can be improved?
5. Use at least 2 quality resources. NOTE: Wikipedia and similar websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
· Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, your name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
· Include charts or diagrams created in Visio, Word, or an open source alternative to create the diagram. The completed diagrams/charts must be imported into the Word document before the paper is submitted.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more