CO2. Explain how ethical frameworks shape business decisions.
Select and research ONE of the following companies that has been in the news for an ethical dilemma. Prepare a PowerPoint about this company’s ethical dilemma and resulting ethical failure, according to the following instructions. Sources are provided to assist you getting started (click company name link). You will need to further research the company as well as applicable ethical frameworks and related law in your text and required readings.
NOTE: In preparing this project, refer to your Week 1 Lesson Required Readings on ethical frameworks.
CHOOSE ONE OF THESE COMPANIES/ISSUES: The Links are a factual starting point for your information and further research.
1. Boeing – 737 MAX-8 Jet death crashes. If the hyperlink does not work, the URL is https://www.npr.org/2019/05/06/720553748/boeing-knew-about-737-max-sensor-problem-before-plane-crash-in-indonesia
2. Purdue Pharma – opioid crisis, deceptive marketing. If the hyperlink does not work, the URL is https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/29/health/purdue-opioids-oxycontin.html
3. Wells Fargo – fake accounts fraud; $3 billion settlement with U.S. DOJ & SEC. If the hyperlink does not work, the URL is https://www.cnbc.com/2020/02/21/wells-fargo-to-pay-3-billion-in-setting-criminal-and-civil-investigations-into-its-fraudulent-sales-practices.html
The following resources will also assist your PowerPoint.
3. Identify and define at least one ethical framework that the company apparently employed in making its decision. Note — Not “Should have used.” It is not acceptable to say it did not act ethically or did not use a framework. Analyze it. Frameworks include utilitarianism, free market ethics, deontology, virtue ethics , etc., covered in your course readings.
4. Then, identify and define at least one ethical framework that the company should have used when the problem arose, and explain how to apply it for them to have reached a better result than what actually happened. Be clear.
5. Identify and explain measures the company should implement to avoid this type of problem in the future.
6. Within your discussion include whether the company had a code of ethics or policy that seemed to apply to the situation, and if so, what went wrong with that?
7. Explain what business leadership in any company can learn from this situation.
8. Have a conclusion that wraps up the key points.
9. Include a Reference slide with your sources listed in APA format. (NOTE: Sources must be cited in slides and speaker’s notes for direct quotes, specific facts and graphics, same as in a paper, per APA format. If you are doing audio speaker notes, you would mention the source in your speaking narrative.) (Reminder; we are using APA 7th Ed. format.)
10. Your PPT should have a professional slide background and graphics on each slide. (See rubric)
11. Submit your presentation here in the Assignments section, as a PowerPoint attachment.
12. Please compress your PPT (zip file) if necessary for uploading. There are several sources online to help you with compressing a PowerPoint presentation.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more