1, Which statement best describes why using an innuendo in communication can be misleading?
2. A top official of the government is presenting a case for the continued use of drone airplanes in military conflicts. The official states “Using drones during military surveillance missions is the right course of action because it saves soldiers’ lives.” What is the enthymeme in the official’s argument?
3. Which is an inherent problem with moral relativism?
4. An argument claiming the violation of some moral principal is the right course of action is a(n) _________.
5. Which of the following is the best example of an amoral claim?
6. Which of the following is a way to make bad decisions?
7. Which is a strategy to use to help generate multiple options to solve a problem?
8. The least helpful question to ask yourself when evaluating top choices would be:
9. If you see a couple of viable options among your top choices, you may benefit from making a(n):
10. Putting in the effort to adequately define the problem is:
11. The straw man fallacy is a fallacy where the arguer:
12. When debating solutions to problems related to climate change on a national level, which problem related to climate change has a prominent amount of conflicting political opinions?
13. When listening to people debating a topic, a critical thinker should ignore
14. The two parts of an argument are _______ and _______.
15. Statistics come from gathering and ________data.
16. While scientific explanations provide compelling evidence for claims and produce verifiable insights, they are also:
17. A student is designing an experiment to find out if the following statement is true: “If you get at least six hours of sleep you will do better in class than if you get less than six hours of sleep.” The statement is an example of a(n):
18. Which of the following would be considered to be based on pseudoscience?
19. A set of statements designed to convince others that an action or idea is right or wrong is a type of:
20. Which statement BEST describes the relationship between defining terms and clear thinking?
21. Your company is operating as a subcontractor on a large government contract. The government decides to request proposals for another upcoming project. Your boss asks you to submit a proposal on behalf of your company, knowing it would violate the current agreement with the primary contractor. If you do what your boss says because he is your boss, you are operating under which moral theory?
22. Consider the following argument:
Premise: Michael took an apple from the farm stand.
Premise: Stealing is wrong.
23. Conclusion: Therefore, Michael was wrong for stealing the apple.
The statement, “stealing is wrong” is an example of which of the following?
24. What makes an argument an ethical argument?
25. In a science fiction movie, an officer is implementing an experimental process to prevent a catastrophic geologic event affecting a primitive indigenous alien population. A crew of a starship vessel is willing to save him; however, environmental conditions prevent simple extraction. The commander refuses to let the crew extract the officer, proclaiming “the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or in this case, one.” The commander’s conclusion is based on which moral theory?
26. Which of the following is something that can lead to making good decisions?
27. Acting impulsively and going with the first choice that comes to mind are similar in that ______________, but acting impulsively specifically _________________.
28. A claim and an argument are similar in that they both _____________, however, an argument specifically ____________.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more