1. Question : (TCO D) A bond discount should be shown on the balance sheet as:
2. Question : (TCO D) “In-substance defeasance” is a term used to refer to an arrangement whereby
3. Question : (TCO D) On January 1, 2010, Ellison Co. issued eight-year bonds with a face value of $1,000,000 and a stated interest rate of 6%, payable semiannually on June 30 and December 31. The bonds were sold to yield 8%. Table values are:
4. Question : (TCO D) On January 1, 2010, Crown Company sold property to Leary Company. There was no established exchange price for the property, and Leary gave Crown a $2,000,000 zero-interest-bearing note payable in five equal annual installments of $400,000, with the first payment due December 31, 2010. The prevailing rate of interest for a note of this type is 9%. The present value of the note at 9% was $1,442,000 at January 1, 2010. What should be the balance of the Discount on Notes Payable account on the books of Leary at December 31, 2010 after adjusting entries are made, assuming that the effective-interest method is used?
5. Question : (TCO D) On January 1, 2006, Goll Corp. issued 1,000 of its 10%, $1,000 bonds for $1,040,000. These bonds were to mature on January 1, 2016, but were callable at 101 any time after December 31, 2009. Interest was payable semiannually on July 1 and January 1. On July 1, 2011, Goll called all of the bonds and retired them. Bond premium was amortized on a straight-line basis. Before income taxes, Goll’s gain or loss in 2011 on this early extinguishment of debt was
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more