1) A retailer can list all of its operations to be performed, its characteristics, and its timing in a(n) ________.
2) Which of the following is not an advantage of an operations blueprint?
3) Uniform construction, layout, and operations standards are used in ________.
4) Which of these is not a benefit of using prototype stores?
5) Rationalized retailing is often used in conjunction with ________.
6) A characteristic of rationalized retailing programs is the ________.
7) Rigid control and standardization for each phase of business characterize ________.
8) Which of these is not a characteristic of a rationalized retailing strategy?
9) With the top-down space management approach, a retailer starts with ________.
10) The need for store personnel in a season, week, day, and time period is ascertained through ________.
11) The tasks of personnel with similar positions in different departments are kept rather uniform with ________.
12) With cross-training, personnel ________.
13) Which of these is a not a major advantage of cross-training?
14) Through ________, an employee can be easily shifted from stockperson to cashier as the need arises.
15) The use of in-store displays and the sale of well-known national brands can effectively reduce selling costs through use of ________.
16) Supermarkets and full-line discount stores have effectively reduced personnel costs through the use of ________.
17) All of the activities involved in managing the retailer’s physical facilities comprise ________.
18) Which statement about energy management is not correct?
19) A retailer seeks to acquire and maintain a proper assortment of merchandise while ensuring that operations are efficient and effective in ________.
20) Ordering costs, holding costs, and loss in profits due to stockouts are effectively controlled in ________.
21) Store security relates to two issues: ________ and ________.
22) What type of insurance protects retailers from claims due to customers falling due to a wet floor or loose carpeting?
23) Credit-card fees paid by retailers average from ________ percent to ________ percent of sales.
24) In a debit card system, the ________.
25) A significant advantage to a consumer of a credit card system in comparison to a debit card system is ________.
26) Computerized checkouts are generally used in conjunction with ________.
27) Which statement concerning computerized checkouts is not correct?
28) Which statement concerning electronic point-of-sale systems is not correct?
29) A major advantage associated with self-scanning to a retailer is ________.
30) Which system increases employee productivity for supermarkets?
31) A retailer has an outside party to undertake one or more of its operating functions in ________.
32) A Web-based retailer has decided to have a logistics firm handle packing, handling, and shipping responsibilities. This illustrates ________.
33) The use of a third-party firm handling a retailer’s payroll illustrates ________.
34) Contingency plans are an important component of ________.
35) Planning for contingencies such as strikes, earthquakes, and lack of electricity is part of ________.
36) A listing and sequencing of interrelated tasks that must be performed by several retail personnel to assure that a retail service is efficiently and effectively performed is an important part of a(n) ________.
37) Based upon an analysis of selected retail tasks that need to be performed in a given time period, a retailer decided to rely on self-service. This illustrates the effective use of a(n) ________.
38) The standardization of retail operations is often associated with the use of ________.
39) The use of prototype stores is commonly associated with ________.
40) A major difficulty with the use of prototype stores is the ________.
41) Rationalized retailing is often conducted in conjunction with ________.
42) Centralized decision making is generally associated with ________.
43) A major advantage to the use of rationalized retailing programs is the ________.
44) A significant disadvantage to the use of rationalized retailing is the ________.
45) The opposite strategy to rationalized retailing is ________.
46) A characteristic associated with the bottom-up space management approach is ________.
47) Which of the following does not contribute to the difficulty in planning personnel utilization in retailing?
48) The opposite of extreme employee specialization is ________.
49) The cross-training of employees is particularly beneficial when a retailer ________.
50) Poor morale and boredom caused by extreme specialization can be overcome by ________.
and lot More Questions included
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more