MGMT314: Week #8 Paper:
INCLUDE AN ABSTRACT
5-6 page Paper
For this assignment, you should focus on the reading material for weeks 1-7 and YOU MUST READ the NORTEL CASE STUDY that is in the resources section of your classroom – It is also on page 535 of your text and in the resources tab in our classroom. If you choose, you may also research the library for additional background about Nortel (If you choose to do some additional research).
The breakdown of your paper should be as follows:
Introduction of Your Paper:
Provide an introduction of the topics that you will discuss below (Base your introduction on our reading material from weeks 1-7-It is basically all of the reading material from our class)
Body of your paper: (5-6 Pages total in length)-Your thoughts should be supported with key words from our text. You must answer all five questions below and include AT LEAST THREE key words from our text when responding to EACH QUESTION. That means that you would use 15 of the key words in our text for this paper. This will show me that you are attempting to support your thoughts with key material from our text and that you are able to apply the material from our class. The five required questions are as follows:
1. From an ethical perspective, describe the factors that contributed to the rise and fall of Nortel.
2. What mechanisms should be put in place to better align managers with the interests of shareholders?
3. Would you describe the meltdown of Nortel more as a failure of “people” or of “capital market processes”?
4. What happened to Nortel is similar to what happened to WorldCom and Enron in the early 2000s, and to Lehman Brothers, Citigroup, and many other banks during the 2008 financial crisis. Why do businesspeople keep making the same mistake?
5. Discuss how to prioritize the following remedies to stop such recurrences: business education, regulation of accounting/financial markets, regulation of incentives, or regulation of punishment. Also, tell me your thought process about your decision about priorities.
Save your review as Last Name-Week #8 Paper.doc
A. Title Page – Include a title page with your name, student number, title of your review, course number, course name, session, section, semester and date.
B. Introductory Paragraph – Include an introductory paragraph.
C. Font and Spacing – Use Arial or Times New Roman 12 pitch font with double spaced lines.
D. Length – Write a 5-6 page review not including the title page and citation page.
E. Reference Page – Include all sources on a Reference page
F. Utilize the APA Style for the review and to documenting sources.
G. Punctuation, essay format (thesis, supporting paragraphs with transition and topic sentences, and summary) grammar and documentation count toward your grade.
Reference for the text book the case study is in.
Collins, Denis. Business Ethics: How to Design and Manage Ethical Organizations. Wiley, 09/2011. VitalBook file.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more