This Assessment requires you to respond to a case study. The same case study will be used for all three assessments so that you can develop insights into the different facets of Requirements Engineering. For this assessment, you are required to produce an individual report of 1500 words (+/-10%) detailing a requirements elicitation plan for the case organisation. The report should contain the following:
1. A Stakeholder Engagement Plan detailing:
a. Stakeholder list
b. Areas of influence and Power mapped on a Power/Interest Grid
c. Definitions of the stakeholder’s power and interest.
2. An Elicitation Activity Plan detailing:
a. Four elicitation methods
b. An explanation of each method and why it has been selected
c. A tailored and customised example of the information gathering tool you will use for each method
d. Which stakeholders will be engaged for the elicitation activity and why?
Business Analysts work with organisations to improve organisational processes and systems. One of the most important parts of a Business Analysts job is to elicit requirements from stakeholders so that there is a clear understanding of what will be required from the new system. This requires a Business Analyst to understand who their stakeholders are, how to engage with them and which elicitation methods to use. This assessment aims to develop your knowledge and skills in this area and to lay down the foundation of knowledge for your future professional practice.
1. Please read the attached MIS604_Assessment_Case Study.
2. Write a 1500 words (+/-10%) requirements elicitation plan for the case organisation.
3. Review your subject notes to establish the relevant area of investigation that applies to the case. Reread any relevant readings for module 1 and 2 for this subject. Perform additional research and investigation and select five additional sources in the area of elicitation methods to add depth to your explanation of method selection.
4. Plan how you will structure your ideas for your report and write a report plan before you start writing. The report does not require an executive summary or abstract.
5. Please structure the report as follows:
A professional custom title page with the subject code and subject name, assignment title, student’s name, student number and lecturer’s name
An introduction (100-150 words) which will also serve as your statement of purpose for the report. This means that you will tell the reader what you are going to cover in your report. You will need to inform the reader of:
• The key concepts you will be addressing,
• What the reader can expect to find in the body of the report
The body of the report (1200-1300 words) will need to cover two specific areas:
• A Stakeholder Engagement Plan including:
i. Stakeholder list
ii. A Power/Interest Grid
iii. Definitions of each stakeholder’s power and interest
• An Elicitation Activity Plan.
i. Four elicitation methods
ii. An explanation of each method and why it has been selected
iii. A tailored and customised example of the information gathering tool you will use for each method
iv. Which stakeholders will be engaged for the elicitation activity and why?
The conclusion (100-150 words) will summarise any findings or recommendations that the report puts forward regarding the concepts covered in the report.
6. The report should use font Arial or Calibri 11 point, should be line spaced at 1.5 for ease of reading and page numbers on the bottom of each page. If diagrams or tables are used, due attention should be given to pagination to avoid loss of meaning and continuity by unnecessarily splitting information over two pages. Diagrams must carry the appropriate captioning.
7. You are strongly advised to read the rubric which is an evaluation guide with criteria for grading the assignment. This will give you a clear picture of what a successful report looks like.
There are requirements for referencing this report using APA referencing style and it is expected that students reference any lecture notes used and five additional sources in the relevant subject area based on readings and further research.
Submit Assessment 1 via the Assessment in the main navigation menu in MIS604 Requirements
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more