Prepare a report (see below) that summarizes your assessment of the nature of the housing market in southwest Florida. Be sure to include the following seven (7) items in your report.
Use appropriate descriptive statistics (5-number summary, mean, mode, range, and standard deviation) to summarize each of the three variables for the 40 Gulf & 18 No Gulf View condominiums. Are there any outliers in the data set for any of the three variables? If there are any outliers in any category, please list them and state for which category they are an outlier. Describe which method you used to determine if there were or not.
Case Study :
Gulf Real Estate Properties, Inc., is a real estate firm located in Southwest Florida. The company, which advertises itself as “expert in the real estate market,” monitors condominium sales by collecting data on location, list price, and number of days it takes to sell each unit. Each condominium is classified as Gulf View if it is located directly on the Gulf of Mexico or No Gulf view if it is located on the bay or a golf course, near but not on the Gulf. Sample data from the multiple listing services in Naples, Florida, provided recent sales data for 40 Gulf View condominiums and 18 No Gulf View condominiums. *Prices are in thousands of dollars. Data are shown in table 1.
1. Use appropriate descriptive statistics to summarize each of the three variables for the 40 Gulf View condominiums.
2. Use appropriate descriptive statistics to summarize each of the three variables for the 18 No Gulf View condominiums.
3. Compare your summary results. Discuss any specific statistical results that would help a real estate agent understand the condominiums market.
4. Develop a 95% confidence interval estimate of the population mean sales price and population mean number of days to sell for Gulf View condominiums. Interpret your results.
5. Develop a 95% confidence interval estimate of the population mean sales price and population mean number of days to sell for No Gulf View condominiums. Interpret your results.
6. Assume the branch manager requested estimates of the mean selling price of Gulf View condominiums with a margin of error of $40,000 and the mean selling price of No Gulf View condominiums with a margin of error of $15,000. Using 95% confidence, how large should the sample sizes be?
7. Gulf Real Estate Properties just signed contracts for two new listings: a Gulf View condominium with a list price of $589,000 and a No Gulf View condominium with a list price of $285,000. What is your estimate of the final selling price and number of days required to sell each of these units?
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more